Followers

Friday, January 16, 2015

Goodbye Working World

For 10 years now, I've looked at the moms at the doctor office that are wearing yoga pants and comfy shoes, instead of slacks and high heels, I've looked at the posts on Facebook of moms spending their summers with their kids, I've watched the moms drop off their children at school dressed ready to go to the gym....and I've winced a little each time as it pained me that I couldn't do the same. That I had to go to work and miss my 3 kids saying new words, rolling over, crawling, having fun...without me.

Well today is the last day of that.

I'm officially becoming a stay at home mom! I'm crossing that line! I'll no longer be that working mom yearning to be home, but I promise I won't become that SAHM that talks bad about the working mom.....maybe I can bridge the gap of the age old feud.... the working world divas vs the homemakers.

Everyone so far as asked me if I'm going to read a lot, sleep in, lay on the couch. They clearly do not have a clear picture of what my life is normally like. What mother...especially of more than one...gets time to herself. I can't even use the bathroom unaccompanied.


 I'm embarking a new journey and I am forever grateful for it. It came at just the right time. 14 years in one line of work, being a salesman...whew...I don't know about you, but I have had about all I can take.

I'll take each day as it comes and hope like hell I can make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment