Followers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hernia

After spending 10 hours in the Georgetown Hospital Emergency Room 2 weeks ago...we've finally figured out that Reed's severe stomach pain and (one time) vomiting is a result of an inguinal hernia.

Come to find out...when I took Reed to the ER 2 weeks ago for severe stomach pain and vomiting, his intestines were STUCK in his groin area and he should have probably had emergency surgery right then, however NO BODY bothered to pull down his pants and check for a hernia. H-E-L-L-O!

Anyway...we are over that now and Reed is scheduled next Wednesday for surgery.

While we are in the waiting room at the pediatric surgeon's office...for what seemed close to an hour with 50 other people (not kidding) Reed continues to tell me he wants to go home.

Reed: I wanna go home
Me: We have to see the doctor first
Reed: I no wanna see docor...my hernia gone my bewy feel fine!

Once we get to see the doctor he asks the doctor:

Reed: You make my hernia go way?
Dr: Yes, Reed, we'll make it all better.

Then he hears a baby cry in the other room:

Reed: Why that baby cying?
Me: I'm not sure...
Reed: He have hernia too

I never thought that at 3 my child would be telling everyone about his hernia. Every time he coughs (which is a lot, he has a cold too) he says...My hernia hurt me!

So sad...

I am nervous about the whole thing but I know it is for the best so I'm trying to stay focused on the positive and not the fact that they are putting my baby to sleep and performing SURGERY!

Pray for me..I may just lose it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying, but I also know he'll be fine. Let me know if you need anything at all. Also, is this an ice cream sort of surgery? I personally believe that all surgeries require ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Barbie doll when my tonsils were taken out. He probably wouldn't want a Barbie though.

    I'm praying too, but also know that all will be fine!

    ReplyDelete