Followers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Potty Training

Eric stopped and picked up a box of diapers for Reed the other night and as he entered the door with over 100 diapers, he announced that this was the last box of diapers he was going to buy. He looked Reed (our 2 year old) dead in the eyes and told him that he needs to wear big boy underwear from now on. Trust me Eric if staring the kids down while attempting to make telepathy work actually did something then I would be doing that even with YOU!

It's a good theory...potty training a 2 1/2 year old. But Reed is so hard headed that he just isn't ready. He has already wet through all the underwear we had and I think he literally waited to go #2 until we put his diaper on for a nap. He wants to be a big boy when it comes to climbing, drinking from a big boy cup, going outside and riding a skateboard but he wants to be a baby when it comes to using the potty and his PIE (pacifier). Really...he even tells me so.

So, we DID attempt the whole potty training idea of Eric's and I did the usual bribe of M&M's if you even attempt to potty. So while I'm in the bathroom with Reed bribing him, Kai is with his Gram in his room.
Kai: Gram, I wish that Reed and I were twins...ya know Identical Twins
Gram: Why is that Kai?
Kai: So that I could potty train with Reed and I could get M&M's too.

He then walks into the bathroom with me & Reed leaving Gram laughing her butt off in the other room.

Kai: Mommy, if Reed gets M&M's then what am I?  CHOPPED LIVER?
Me: Laughing to hard to do anything other than give him a handful of M&M's.

*******************
So needless to say, I have given up on potty training for now. It was too frustrating and even though it was Eric's idea...do you think he even attempted to help Reed use the potty even one time? No. That was a great idea wasn't it babe...

2 comments:

  1. I was so lucky with Maren! She more or less trained herself. Brynna was hard headed like that and I really stressed, but just waiting until they are ready is best for everyone, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Renee pretty much potty trained both of mine. Ian at 2 1/2 and Claire at just over 2. I just did in the evenings what she did all day long ;) Good luck!

    The chopped liver made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete