Followers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Conversations with a 5 year Old

My parents have bought 15 more baby chickens for the boys.


So after playing with them all day, I pick him up and inform him that he is going to his cousins' house because Mommy & Daddy are going on a date. Here's the conversation:

Kai: What are you all doing on your date?
Me: We are going to see the new Vampire Movie (Eclipse)
Kai: I heard about that Vampire Movie.
Me: You did...how's that.
Kai. It was on my baby chicks' news.
Me: (I had to think about this one for a minute) Do you mean on the newspaper in the chicks' cage?
Kai: Yes, mommy. They are reading about your Vampire Movie.

Well, when I picked him up he was at my Grandmother's house. He calls her Grandmommie like the rest of us do. Evidently he was helping my Dad and Duwayne cut down trees or bushes at her house.

Dad: Duwayne, are you sure Mommy wants us to cut these down?
Duwayne: Yes I'm sure.
Dad: Just checkin' because I know how she about her trees and shrubs.

Grandmommie walks outside.

Kai: Grandmommie!!! I tried to stop them but they won't listen to me it's just so sad!
Grandmommie: (hugs him) I know it is sad.

Kai later tells me how upset Grandmommie was about her trees.

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo funny!!! Jerry talked Grandmommie into cutting a limb from the tree by the driveway. She finally agreed, he got out the saw and started to cut. Brynna threw herself across the tree/branch, screaming "Don't cut the tree!"

    It's still there....

    ReplyDelete